How To Build An Affiliate Marketing Business
There is a ton of information online. The problem is a lot of it isn’t complete or just isn’t accurate.
Since COVID, it seems that more people are interested in learning how to create income online. I suspect there are 2 main reasons for this:
- People found that they enjoyed working from home during the pandemic
- People found just how little job security they actually had and wanted to build a business of their own but didn’t want a brick and mortar business.
Affiliate marketing is not new. It’s been around forever, long before the internet. It’s basically just a commissioned sales job. The difference between online sales and offline sales though is huge.
To make sales online you essentially just drive traffic (potential customers) to a webpage. You don’t talk to them, you don’t have to sell them. The sales page does the selling for you.
It’s far less intimidating than working at sales offline!
Steps To Build Affiliate Marketing Business
There are many moving parts in a successful affiliate marketing business. When first starting out it’s easy to get overwhelmed. That’s why I would recommend starting with the basics. As your money and experience increase you can expand your skill set accordingly.
So, start here:
- Sign up to an affiliate marketplace. I recommend Clickbank for those just starting out. Other affiliate marketing sites will allow anyone to sign up but when that person tries to promote a specific item they may need vendor approval. Vendors don’t always give their approval to unproven affiliates. So, you may have a hard time finding a product to promote. On Clickbank, though, most products don’t require vendor approval which is why I think it’s the best place to start.
- Learn how to drive targeted traffic. If you have the budget you can learn how to create PPC ads and drive traffic via Google Or Bing ads. This is a great method but it costs money and you’ll be paying money testing your ads while you’re learning – you’ll be spending money but probably not making money at first. You can also start with free traffic. Pick one free traffic source to begin with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc., learn all you can about it. Build an audience and then move on and learn another. This will keep the free traffic flowing!
- Start building an email list. There are many elements to this: and optin form, follow-up emails, landing pages, etc. It’s not that hard to do but will take a little time to figure out. For that reason, I would begin with the first 2 steps first. But, do start building that list early in your affiliate marketing career.
- Get your own website. Buy a domain name and pay for hosting. This too should be done as soon as you can. Why? Because that great channel you created at Youtube or that wonderful Facebook group you’ve created don’t belong to you. It’s not likely unless you break rules, but it could happen that you lose this social media platform for a Terms of Service Violation. You might wake up one morning and all your work is gone. You need your own property and that is a website.
These are the basic steps to get started building a true, profitable, affiliate marketing business.
Keep learning, and most importantly keep doing and you can create the business you want.
Hope this helps.
Good luck with your online journey!
- 5 Tips for Creating The Best Email Marketing Campaigns - April 12, 2023
- How To Create a Profitable Content Marketing Strategy - April 4, 2023
- I Can’t Afford My Bills – Can I Make Money Online Fast? - March 25, 2023